Friday, April 04, 2014

Totalitarian wind II


After watching what happened at Mozilla and the on-going attacks on the Koch brothers by Harry Reid, I find myself in complete agreement with Instapundit:

I’m beginning to think that the only thing the left found wrong with the 1950s blacklists was that they were aimed at . . . the left.
Previously:

Orwell meets Sartre

A totalitarian wind
Let me suggest one potential unintended consequence of moves like Mozilla's. Social conservatives, who make up a majority of the pro-business Republican electorate, may rethink their unstinting and unthinking support Big Business. Why fight to the last ditch for people who despise and attack you?

If i were advising Rick Santorum or Mike Huckabee, I'd tell them to cut back on the references to Milton Friedman and von Mises in my stump speeches. Instead, start reading modern muckrakers and feel free to bash the excesses and idiocy of the Wall Street gang.

After all, it worked for Teddy Roosevelt.

No comments: