Monday, March 02, 2009

Who should i believe? Academics or my own lying eyes?

KC Johnson has a new post that reviews several academic papers on the Duke lacrosse case.

A difficult task

I can't say that i am surprised that enterprising "scholars" are devote time and energy to rewriting history. Ideology plays a role, but the main allure is market positioning. It is easier to get attention when your findings seem to contradict conventional wisdom.

I followed the mess down in Durham from the beginning. I blogged about it frequently. Almost all my posts zeroed in on the lies, distortions,and evasions of the press. If Gross and Entman believe that their methodology shows that the media was fair to the falsely accused lacrosse players, then i would suggest that they get another methodology.

No comments: